Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bye Bye Skippy

Many of you will have read elsewhere of the recent closure of Staedtler Australia’s manufacturing operation. They didn’t make any mechanical pencils, but I always liked to see “Australia” on the woodcase pencils in the local shops. It made a welcome change from the usual other countries like China, Indonesia, etc. So, with that in mind I thought I should say “Farewell, Skippy. I’ll miss you” especially to the Staedtler Tradition, formerly proudly Made in Australia.

Dating from 2001, here’s the front page of a 4 page A4 brochure detailing the pencils, coloured pencils and stick ballpoints they made in Australia back then.
Staedtler Australia brochure

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I like the arrangement of the varying length pencils to form the shape of Australia - and the rendition of Tasmania is quite clever.

Germ said...

Technology is slowly killing the early industries. One day, maybe even paper will be an antique......