Monday, January 29, 2007

One Year Old

Its birthday time for this blog. One year old, must say I have enjoyed my first years blogging. Actually it’s close to my own birthday too and I’m at that age when you start to wonder exactly what you’ve done over the last year, and ask yourself things like “Just how have I ended up as this pencil geek guy?” With this blog I’ve put a part of myself out on display to the world, and since many would consider it a somewhat geeky sort of part, I feel compelled to try and balance the scales a little bit. Whilst I have always been a pencil person, I used to keep it pretty well hidden. These days my birthday involves thinking about things like what nice new pencil I might get, but 15 or so years ago (it seems only yesterday) my birthday was more along the lines of….
A few drinks, a few bands and “getting a little air” to blow away the cobwebs of a working week. I love this photo, but as keen as I was on getting some air, I must clarify that this particular diver is my good friend rather than myself. But I am in the photo. That was a great 25th birthday. How times have changed.

Might just delete this posting after a while!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you AND your (more-cool-than-geeky) blog!

Julia said...

Well, I for one am glad you chose to become the "pencil geek guy" as I've enjoyed corresponding with you about pencils and all manner of interesting things! Happy birthday both to Dave AND the blog -- the pointy-headed and the pointy-leaded, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

I will join the choir: happy birthday to you and the blog. I can also echo Julia in saying the I have enjoyed our corespondance about many things...
best wishes and keep it up . down under.

Muard said...

Sorry......daves....Iam late...but ur blog i have visited lots of time for intersting mechanical pencil ............so take my late birthday wish

Kiwi-d said...

Well thanks all for the kind words. I hope to be able to have a "Two Years Old" posting.